Monday, April 11, 2011

Parents music collection.




My assignment for photograpy is due at the end of this term and I only had 3 photos ready to hand in, and I had been wanting to  raid my Mum and Dads music collection and take photos of it. I was pleasantly surprised at some of their music. I knew most of the bands/people in their collection, which was full of KISS records - my mum loved them.  There were some odd looking records in there though - by people I hadn't even known existed, and when I asked Mum she had no idea who they were either. Must have been Dad's stuff...
It made me realise how different the music is today. Back then 'heavy' stuff would have been KISS, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. Nowadays, what I would personally refer to as 'heavy' is Bring Me The Horizon, August Burns Red, The Devil Wears Prada, Underoath, The Amity Affliction, Parkway Drive and A Day to Remember. Actually ADTR isn't that heavy, well, their latest album 'What Seperates Me From You' (GREAT album, go buy it) is a little heavier than their previous album ('Homesick') but has more of a pop-punk feel to it. If you compare KISS, Deep Purple & Black Sabbath to the bands mentioned above, previous generations of 'heavy' music wouldn't fit into the 'heavy' catagory of today.
ANYWAY. I have been obsessed with BMTH's album 'There Is a Hell, Believe Me, I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Lets Keep It a Secret' - such a good album (in my opinion)

I've been dreaming of us leaving everything and everyone we've ever known.
I've been thinking all these visions must be a sign, so hold on and don't let go. - Visions.


I know I said my heart beats for you. I was lying girl, it beats for two. - Blessed With a Curse.


Those are just some of my favourite lyrics off that album. You should listen to it. Its amazing ♥


No comments: